Saturday, March 10, 2012

BYOC Virginity



I'm a little late to Friday's party, but hey, that's pretty standard, and I love playing 20 questions. Or 5 questions.


1.  When you're sick - what comforts you?

Talking to my mommy. Seriously. I'm 36 years old (for a few more weeks at least), and whenever I get sick, the first thing I do is call my mom. She lives 3000 miles away in the South while I'm in the Pacific Northwest, but when I feel pathetic, the thing that makes me feel better is hearing her say, "Poor baby!"

2.  How attached to your cell phone are you?

I wish I were less attached to it. I'd rather not deal with it, and I'm always getting grief from people trying to contact me because I tend to forget about it and leave it home when I go out, or in my car when I get home, or in another part of the house when I'm just hanging around. But I do text regularly, and now that I'm banded, I find it really helpful to be able to check in with MFP and LBT on the phone. I'm old enough, though, that I remember fondly the days of not feeling obligated to always be accessible to the entire world. Somehow we all survived when we had to wait to be near a land line before talking to each other. Ah, the 80s...
 
3.  What brand, color and kind of sneaker do you own to work out in?  Why?  Do you get a custom fit or just pick one off the shelf?

I just retired my pink Saucony sneakers with the white trim for a new pair of white and grey Champions with pink accents. I'm a girly girl.

 
I always do off the shelf sneakers and I never spend an arm and a leg on them. I get at least half of my exercise riding, and I can't do that in sneakers.


4.  Do you ever wish you'd picked a different name for your blog and why?

Not especially, except that I always wish I were more clever and funny than I actually am. So if something brilliant came along on someone else's blog, I'd probably wish I'd thought of it.

5.  Repeat question.  Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.   

Well, it was my first week in blog land, and it was very satisfying. Me and my one lone reader hopefully had a great time. Right now, the silence in blog land is a bit deafening, but getting my feelings out on here is helpful for me. It helps keep things clear in my own mind, and it's like an affirmation when I type on the blog that I can do this, even when it's hard.



In the real world, the week was a bit stressful. I'm behind on work, partly because I'm so obsessed with my band that I just can't motivate myself to get stuff done when I could just be surfing the blogs and LBT. Also, I had a little trouble at my first special event post-banding and ate too much the day before my weigh in, so it was discouraging to not lose. Especially since this was the first weigh in since my first fill. But since I don't have restriction yet, I know I just have to plug along and deal with the ups and downs. Next fill in 2 weeks, so I'm excited about that.



Anyway, that's it. Nothing new to report at the moment. Well, I could report a few things, but I think I'm gonna wait and make that another post. Maybe tomorrow.

'Til then, sleep well, mes amis, and dream of skinny clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment