Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Warrior

Really, I was absolutely nothing like a warrior this weekend, but it sounded like a good title.

The housemate's fiance came down for the weekend, so we had a full house, which made my girl very happy. My girl being one of my two dogs, the other being my boy.

The black and white Bernese Mtn dog is my boy, Levi; the brindle mastiff is my girl. Ain't they sweet?



See, my girl (her name is Grendl... after the monster in Beowulf... she came with the name) is a rescue dog. I took her in after one of her previous owners was killed in a motorcycle accident. She was owned by a married couple, but was apparently a total daddy's girl, because she has a definite preference for men over women. She looooooves men. Seriously, she's a big old slut for testosterone, and since she now lives with two women, she gets a big ol' happy on when H's fiance's comes to stay. She fawns over him. It's almost a little pathetic. Anyway, the weekend visit made her happy (as well as H, since she's kinda in love with the guy), and H (the housemate and my bff) and D (the fiance) were very considerate in eating out at times when they needed food I couldn't handle. Like pizza. The bastards.

They also humored me on Saturday night when I needed Mexican. Stat. They took me to a chain restaurant and paid no attention while I broke my 5 tortilla chips into teeny tiny pieces that I ate in teeny tiny nibbles. Nor did they make any comment when I ate only 1 of the miniature chicken tacos that came in my order. Of course, since we all ended up taking part of our meals home, I guess I didn't stand out too much. It was my first time having dinner at a restaurant since being banded, and I have to say it made me feel really human to be able to go out to eat and order off a menu and eat like a normal person. I think I had some fear that being banded would turn me into some sort of mutant who would be stared at and ridiculed by the public at large. But really, I'm just a chick who eats slow, and I can live with that. Plus, Mexican food is yummy, and I wanted it bad, so everything worked out well and it all fit into my calorie goal for they day.

Today, I'm back at work. Except that since I work for myself, from home, I'm pretty much back at... cruising the internet, reading blogs, and skimming the LBT forums. Then later, I have to go to the feed store and the barn where I board my horse so that he doesn't run out of grain. Did I mention I'm that crazy lady with 9000 pets? Because I am. Or I will be. I'm at least off to a decent start.

Anyway, that's my plan for the day. With luck, I can do it all and still manage to work my band and live according to the rules of my new life. We'll see how that goes.

So, ta! Have a wonderful and wicked day, my friends!

Love,
the 'Shroom

No comments:

Post a Comment