Thursday, March 8, 2012

If Mushroom Weighs In And There's No One Around to See It, Did She Really Lose Weight?

Actually, I really didn't this week. I'm averaging my weigh-ins from yesterday, last night, the middle of the night, first thing this morning, and half an hour ago and sticking with the "held steady" thing. On the one hand, Logical Me is taking this fairly well, remembering that I had a bit of a pig out (lab banded-ly speaking) on Tuesday at H's bridal shower, and that I was a bad little work out monkey last week, not to mention that I've slacked off a bit on my water consumption. Plus, there's the fact that I've only had one fill so far for 3cc in an 11cc band and haven't reached restriction. Taking all that into consideration, staying the same is not a huge tragedy.

The Tool of Satan

On the other hand, Emotional Me is currently rolling around on the floor, kicking, screaming, sobbing, and wailing. She's having hysteria over having paid cash for yet another chance to fail at weight loss. She's convinced that we'll be fat forever, that we should just go out and find a whole roast pig, eat the entire thing, and wash it down with 5 bottles of champagne and a gallon of Coca-Cola. Classic, baby. The high-test rocket fuel stuff. Then maybe a box of Girl Scout cookies for dessert, since those green-clad crack dealers are back to haunting the front of the grocery store.

Now, mind you, I haven't eaten the pig or the cookies or drunk the champagne or the Coke. No, I pretended to be an adult about the whole thing and called my dr's office to make an appointment for my second feel. The surgeon requires at least 3 weeks between fills, so I've still got a week and a half before I can get my fix, but at least now I have something to look forward to...a light at the end of the tunnel that may or may not turn out to be the sign over my favorite pizza shop. For the moment, Logical Me is in control and being very mature about the fact that there's a reason why this period between surgery and restriction is called bandster hell.

Emotional Me just flipped her off, but hey, what are you gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment